Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bye Bye BBQ

Last week, the English Society had a goodbye BBQ for me to celebrate all of my wonderful achievements to the field of English language in and around the Kiyosato region. It was a nice party that they threw. I figured I will share the pictures. I didn't take these, so I don't deserve any credit. 
 It was a lot like a regular BBQ, but with fewer hamburgers, and more carrots. 
 You can see the dual charcoal grills going on. They cooked up octopus, beef, chicken, cucumber, carrots, onions and potatoes. 
 You can see in that picture that there is a side-mounted fan on the grill. Evidently this is to stoke the flames and keep it hot. Also, it helps to keep the smoke away from your face. 
 See those whole fish that they are getting ready to cook up? Yeah. I don't mind me some fish, but I prefer not to see its eyes looking at me. The biggest problem with whole fish is the bones. I get really sick of having to pick fish bones out of my mouth...
 Don't I look like I am having a wonderful time!? I really was, but it was starting to rain a little. 
 When it started raining a whole lot, we went inside to keep out of the torrential downpour that started. You can see my hands in the right hand (pun!) part of the picture. 
 Some of the members of YES.
 More members. 
 Hello. My name is Jeff. I ruin pictures. 
 They were really sweet and gave me a decorative fan that you can hang on the wall. It is gold and has a scene of cherry blossoms. I was very surprised. 
While generally a terrible picture of me, it is one of our only group photos. I will have you note that I really am the tallest, I just don't have all the hair that the guy on the left has...

2 comments:

Liz said...

I always wanted one of those fans when I was little. I had big plans to carry it to church, and if someone was being mean to me I would take it out, spread it out, and then barely fan myself the way they do in movies--so all you can see is their eyes. Upon all this happening, the perpetrator of meanness would be so stunned by my enhanced beauty via the fan that they would want to be my best friend and would start trying to make everything up to me instantly.

This was my dream. And my sad reality.

JM said...

That's so cool that they threw a party in your honor. I can't believe it's been a year.