Monday, July 9, 2012

Birthday and Hanging with Don Quixote

In Japan, there is a store. The store is called Don Quixhote. Or In Japanese phoenetics, Don Keyhoetay. Surprisingly, it sounds pretty good. Why it is called that, the world will never know. It is an interesting place. It is full of a lot of things no one has never really wanted until they visited there. It is kind of like a store full of infomercials. There are Shake-Weights and all the crap you find on TV at 2 a.m. The crazy thing is that they also have random American things, which is awesome! 
 A cool remote holder. It is a giant hand (in case you couldn't tell). 
They do have some pretty cool things to see though. You can see speakers that make cool bubbles as an equalizer! Cool right?! I wouldn't mind a set of these for when I need to have an impromptu rave party in my living room sometime. The video you can't see very well, but it is a white guy rapping in a Japanese with a Japanese guy. 

Look at that! I found the video of it! Here you go...I have to admit, it is a catchy song...
I love how especially white the guy is. I perhaps missed my calling in life, I could have been this guy...I could have been a national sensation! I could be played in Don Quixote! 
I saw these keychains and thought they were cool so I picked them up and took a tiny picture. It was one of those shocker keychains. I felt a little embarrassed, and thought seriously about buying them all so that I could smash them. I hate things like that...I believe only serial killers enjoy them. 
 They had cool airsoft guns. I had to restrict myself from buying them all. I did take a picture of this cool Desert Eagle with 'Electlic Blow Back.' 
 Who wants a King of Banana throw pillow? 
 Sweet American sweets! M&Ms, Cadbury Chocolate (even thought it is British), and good potato chips. 
 See all those flavors of Pringles? Very nice. Although underneath that there is a Japanese brand of chips that are beef jerky flavored.
 The drive to Fujiyoshida. It is all green and beautiful. 
 Mountains and forests. 
For my actual birthday, we went to the Brazilian BBQ restaurant. All the missionaries and some other ALT's came to have lunch. It was good as always.
 I am pretty sure the missionaries got to count this as contacting as well. 
 The Harger family and Sister Agren (on the right).
Brother Agren who owns the restaurant and the Hargers on the left. Brother Agren is from Brazil and owns the restaurant. 
I also got this SWEET birthday cake! It was fruity and layered and had fruit in the middle! All around the outside were traditional Brazilian caramel snacks. I don't know what to call them, but they had sprinkles on the outside and it was pure soft caramel. The candles were also the trick kind...that was...hilarious. 

2 comments:

janemkinsel said...

Yes you could have been a famous Japanese duet singer...to bad! Birthday cake pix....with steer legs.

Glad you celebrated in style. Those 2 families with really miss you,

Liz said...

Aren't trick candles just always hilarious? I know they always leave me smiling and satisfied.