Thursday, January 19, 2012

Closest I will get to cuddling...

Today at school, I was presented with a plate of something that looked less than appetizing. When I asked what this mystery fish was, they said it was called ika. I looked it up, and didn't find anything in my dictionary about it. After getting home to Google, I looked up what it was that I ate. When they tried to explain what the fish was, they said it was "like octopus." 

Turns out it was a cuttlefish!
This here is a cuttlefish. I ate that. I am pretty sure I ate a whole one. It was not delicious. Oh well. Chalk one up for school lunch again.

4 comments:

janemkinsel said...

Ahhh....chalk up another foodie experience. UGH.

JM said...

Wierd, wild stuff!

Liz said...

GROSS!!! Not as gross as that stupid McDonald's processed meat picture that everyone keeps posting on Facebook. I hate everyone who posts that. EVERYONE!

janemkinsel said...

Actually, they are first cousins to squid and are eaten around the world. Must be the Japanese school method of preparation.

Dad