Thursday, October 6, 2011

Five Days Gone By

I know, I know, I know...it has been a while. To tell you the truth, I haven't had a whole lot happening. I have gone to work and come home...I have eaten fish at school twice, taught two classes of first graders, and tried some new frozen foods. I know, the lives of celebrities right? 

I don't really have new pictures to post, so I am going to post some old ones that have been kicking around for 6 weeks. 

 Right before I started going to work everyday, I took a little trip to the Akeno Sunflower Festival. I didn't feel like it matched the intensity of other festivals I have been to, but it was sunflowery nonetheless. 
You can see that people like taking pictures of said sunflowers, much like myself.  
Nice right? It looks like there are millions of flowers...in fact, there are only 454,392. 
BONUS! It was advertised as the sunflower festival, but there were other flowers. The Japanese way personified, you come for the sunflowers, you stay for the...other flowers.  
Yeah...I don't want to ruin peoples lives, but sunflowers die. Two giant fields of now dead sunflowers, droopy and sad.  
It would appear that these sunflowers died in a bowtie pattern...I don't understand this at all.  
 I found this nice Swiss haven nearby as well. Here I thought that Midway, Utah was the only one that celebrated a forced Swiss heritage. 
 Have you ever had sunflower ice cream? Because I have. It tasted like you would think it would...earthy. The sunflower seeds made the ice cream confusing. 
I call this picture, "The Lonely Sunflower." I also have a haiku to accompany it:

Lonely Sunflower
Why is the flower lonely?
I bet it's evil.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Bahahaha! I'm gonna laugh about the haiku all day. Also, my swiss ancestors settled the Heber valley, so watch yourself sir.