Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One of Many

Get ready, the avalanche starts here. What can I tell you? I took a junkload of pictures and now you get to see them all!
 First off is the newest addition to my life - Suzy.
 She is 12 years old
 She has 51,000km (about 30,000 miles)
And today I blinged it out with a new steering wheel cover, air freshener and car chargers. 
 Saturday I took a trip into Tokyo to the busiest train station in the entire world. Shinjuku Station is in the heart of Tokyo and saw 3.64 million...let me say again MILLION people per day. This place is huge. It has over 200 exits. Imagine a stadium mixed with an airport and make it huge.
 3.6 million! Imagine the population of the state of Utah passing through one place per day.
 The traffic was much heavier later, this was relatively light. 
 Just par for the course.

 Walking along to the hotel, I saw this Torii gate that just popped out of nowhere. 
 Torii mark the entrances to shrines like this one. 
The wonderful accommodations in downtown Tokyo! 
 Fancy right?
Of course, the tea set is good.  
 Looking back toward the door.
They did give us sweet robes to wear...I must admit that I look mighty fine in this fashion! 
 Look at this tub, absurdly small. Mold was growing as near as I could tell, and the bathroom had an aire of a 1950's locker room. 
 I am not sure what this is. It is probably a fire suppressant, but I think it is the ooze that gives ninja turtles their powers...it is Japan after all. 
 Outside a train station/mall. 
T.G.I.Fridays. 
 Sometimes cars look stupid, often they look stupid in Japan. 
There were about a dozen of these streets on our way to dinner.  
There are a mindboggling amount of shops and restaurants.  
 A poster for the new Three Musketeers movie. I cant tell if it looks more stupid (if possible) in Japanese writing. 
 The Fire House. I don't know how to get back there, but I know that this is sweet greasy salvation.
A look inside. The menu was in English, and Jason Aldean was playing over the radio.  
A greasy grill top cooking burgers.  
Sweet heavenly pork products! I found bacon! Amazing! It was pretty expensive, but it tasted like BACON! Totally worth it! 
You can see a big old bowl of ranch on the left. I had to close my eyes because this beauty was so delectable.
 No surprise that it is Zagat Rated.
Hamburger chairs! 
 Can you see the joy in my eyes?
To finish part 1, look at this kitten. KITTENS! Notice the advisory on the left..."applying make-up on the train may be bothersome to others." I will remember that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet hotel digs. I love the kitten picture. It's like they are sad they have to tell you not to apply makeup, so they put a cute kitten picture up as an apology!

Mak

Anonymous said...

Great pics and it looks like you got your food fix for a while.

If you can find your way back to the Firehouse how did you find it in the first place???

Dad

Anonymous said...

AWWWwwwwww, Suzy!

The burger looks great! You'd better figure out a way to get back there.

I remember Shinjuku just like your pictures -- just full of people! Very exciting, very overwhelming.

Looks like people have trouble commenting under anything but Anonymous. I used to be able to use my Google account, but can't anymore. Whassuup?

Jen