Thursday, October 13, 2011

M-O-U-S-E Tasty Food

Best part of Disney? Delicious tasty taste food. Some of the things I desperately miss from good 'ol America. This Disney also had some treats I never thought of before, but I know that at least two sisters will love...
 The first item of Disney stuff once you get off the train. 
Big 'ol Disney hotel across the street from the park. Mark my words, next time I go to Disney, I want to stay in the official Disney hotel and eat at the Blue Bayou. I love the Pirates ride so much, I would live there if possible.  
 I actually don't like the Nightmare Before Christmas theme to the Haunted Mansion, I thought it was good as it was. Nighmare Before Christmas also genuinely freaks me right out...compound that with the fact that all the characters spoke in Japanese, and I was uncomfortable on that ride. It also so happens that I have been to Disney twice in the last 10 years, and they were both during the time they did the Nightmare Before Halloween. 
Asian Pirate band. No biggie.  
I am usually not a sucker for souvenirs, but I thought this was cool. I will say that there were a whole lot of people who thought it was funny to watch a big white guy walk around with a duck bill in his mouth... 
 ...it didn't help that I would quack at them every so often. 
A picture of all the Disney merchandise, if you squint, you can see Curry Peanuts on the top shelf.  
 Ah yes, the people patiently waiting for the parade for an hour and a half...
 Inside the new-ish Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. It was a lot like the Buzz Lightyear ride, but not quite as fun. 
Inside the Disney PhilharMagic hall. It is a new Disney 3D show, which was quite awesome. 
 I like this display because it has a treasure map. Treasure map=pirates, pirates=awesome. 
The PhilharMagic show has Donald going through old Disney movies. All the singing was in Japanese...obviously. Confusing, but entertaining.  
Disney disguises the vending machines. Sneaky sneaks. 
Easy there sisters (see: Bec and Cyndi). Curry flavored popcorn. Yep, you heard me. I waited for 20 minutes in line to eat this. Freaking awesome. The best flavor they had. Other flavors include: Honey, Soy Sauce and Salt, Chocolate and Caramel.  
They had churros also. They had cinnamon, maple, strawberry and pumpkin flavored.  
 Boom. Check it out. 
These little buggers are even shaped like Mickey. You can see my arm there... 
 That there is a delicious crepe. Strawberry and cream. 
TURKEY LEG! BOO YAH! I love me some Turkey Leg! 
Another sneakily disguised vending machine.  
The castle. 
 The passage through the castle made creepy.
A big old mosaic of all the scenes from Cinderella.  
 Look at me, now I am a fancy photographer because I took a long exposure picture. I think I am going to start a photography Facebook page and start doing weddings...
 See my skillz?
As we were leaving  
Isn't that hotel charming? Imagine how much more charming it is when you have been walking around for 15 straight hours.  
In total, I saw about 40 foreigners out of the 80,000+ people I saw there. It isn't like I kept count (I totally did). 

Next time, I will chronicle my adventures in Tokyo to the busiest intersection in the world and a statue for a dog. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun once in a lifetime experience or at least one you can tell many stories about in years to come.

Knowing how the Japanese love to take pictures you are no doubt immortalized in countless family picture shows as the "big gaijin with the dumb duck bill."

Dad

Dad

Justin said...

In your own words, "Shiny, shimmery, sprendid."

Kate said...

We saw the PhilharMagic show in Paris too, except it was in French.

And I totally agree about the Nightmare before Christmas ruining the Haunted House ride. I mean, hello? It's a haunted house, that pretty much screams Halloween right there. Why ruin it?

Also, it's an EMU leg! ;)

Bek said...

Last time we went to Disneyland we too Jacob on the haunted house ride. First thing. His exact words were " I'm dying!! please save me". After that he refused to go on another ride. So we call that one the 300$ ride. I'm with you, it's weird and disturbing.

Curry popcorn. I could die. And why dont we have crepes and pumpkin crepes at ours? Lucky!

CKW said...

Your commentary is so very Jeff :-) We miss you.

I want a bowl of curry popcorn in front of me right now....

Cyndi