Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shot Through The Heart...With AWESOME!

In my heart, there is a chamber. Inside this chamber is a room. Inside this room is a bingo hall. I LOVE bingo. If you don't know that already, you haven't been paying enough attention. What started off as an adventure to try something new quickly lead to an obsession with the noble game of Bingo. Bingo is a glorious game that requires practice and mental sharpness. Pictured below is one of the fondest memories that I have of the past year. All of these people are top notch, and it was a great trip before Cody headed off to AZ. 
I know it doesn't look like delirious amounts of fun in this picture, but that is because we were focusing on the intensity of making sure that we got all of our starting numbers right. What is also sweet is that you get free soft drinks while you are playing!

You may be wondering why I bring this up, since I am in Japan and roughly 5,000 miles from Mesquite, NV. In the elementary schools I teach at, we play a game that is called Ohajiki. It is essentially bingo. You put your little markers on a card or pictures and take them off when they are called. Naturally, I am really good at this. The kids love anything that is a game, but today they got really into it. I took this video while we were playing. You can hear me call out words and they respond accordingly. 


Weirdos

After work, I went to pick up some things from J-Mart and I saw that they had put out the Christmas decorations! They are decidedly less epilepsy friendly in Japan. Over the loudspeakers they were "From A Distance." I wandered the store while hearing the sweet refrains of "God is watching us, God is watching us, God is watching us...from a distance." It was interesting. I want you to take a look as it pans at the life size replica of a reindeer. Creepy right? Who buys that?! Where would they store it?


I must also point out that that monstrosity costs about 1,100 dollars. 

4 comments:

JM said...

The video of the kids is a riot!

I can see the reindeer at a city hall Christmas display or a hotel lobby or something. But still...

Liz said...

I am inspired to roll my arms every time I get excited now.

Emily Burt said...

And what did we learn that day? They do not like when you take pictures in the Bingo Hall!

janemkinsel said...

I'm confused? Skill in playing BINGO? hmmm?

Loved the Video..Were these Jr. High kids? Not a big shy.