Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Long Looked For

I know, you have been waiting anxiously for me to update. You aren't reading this over Christmas anyway are you? Are you? I hope you have better things to do over the holidays. Nevertheless, here we go!

We (my brother and I) just got back from Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima. The trip was 4.5 days and we covered 1,000 miles by bus. Blarg. The last leg of the trip was from Hiroshima to Tokyo on a bus ride that took 12.5 hours. In case you were wondering, that is a ride longer than from LA to Tokyo. I am still tired. Rather than just throw everything out there at once where it will be lost, I am parsing this out for a bit so that I can maximize the fun. Also, the Jazz season officially starts today, so I am bound to be doing less until it ends. 
 Last Monday (the 19th) was Brad's birthday. For a neat treat, he came to Junior High school with me. Afterwards, we went where all dreams in Japan come true...The Mall. Here is a big Christmas Tree.
 The name of a store in the Mall. As near as I can tell, it is not for men. 
 We went to see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol that night. It was the first movie that I have been to see since I came to Japan. It is expensive to go to movies here. All in all, I really liked the movie. It was exactly what I expected, plus it has Simon Pegg (who is awesome). 
 An ad for a hot-dog at the movie theater.
 Popcorn sets.
 That right there is your choice of popcorn flavors. You can choose butter, curry or chocolate. 
 Hokuhoku Potatoes. We got some of these and they were passably delicious. Also they had churros. Japan is doing something right there. 
 A view of the theater. Lots and lots of space...very unlike Japan (now we know why the tickets are so expensive).
Ah...Shopping at Starvations. Who doesn't want to buy overpriced clothes from a place that reminds you of famine? 

After the movie, and a walk around the mall, we went to a genuine French Japanese buffet conveniently placed in the food court! They had a selection of Japanese foods, French foods (bread? and some pasta) and American food (French Fries or furaido potato). They did have a delicious chocolate fountain with fruit and whatnot. Also they had Melon flavored slushies. I got 3 cold headaches from that. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ah, Brad went out there! How fun. I'm still trying to riddle out why they would call a store starvations. Maybe a play on dressing like a star? Hmmm...either way, I deduct five points from Japan.