Saturday, March 10, 2012

What A Day!

Today I accomplished more than I usually do on a Saturday. I watched a Jazz game from a laundromat, did laundry, and had essentially the best meal I have had in the last 8 months. Surprisingly, Japan has a large Brazilian population (and there is a large Japanese population in Brazil). 

As I have mentioned before, I know several Brazilians that I go to church with. One of these folks, Brother Agren bought himself a genuine Brazilian BBQ! Any of you that have been to Rodizio or Tucano's know the pure joy of meat and grilled pineapple being delivered to your table. Now imagine that it has been about 5 months since your last good cut of beef. Today I took an adventure to visit the restaurant and stuff myself with as much as I could. I tell you that I put my stomach to the test. It was even better than the Brazilian places I have been to in the States. It probably helped that it had real-life Brazilians cooking there...


Here is the place mat for the restaurant. Here you can see the different parts of the cow that you are eating (spoiler alert, they are all delicious). 


You can see Brother Agren in this video ( he is the one in the suit) and the other folks I was there with. We had the missionaries and my friend Kwame from Jamaica and Matt from Virginia. Also we had Jon and his friend from Tokyo area. It was a lot of fun, and we ate until we could eat no more! Steak, sausage, chicken, steak, pork and steak...


Here we are getting ready to pay the check. You can see some more of the interior of the place. I am lucky that the restaurant is about an hour from my house, or I would visit it every week. 


1 comment:

Liz said...

Brazilians in Japan? I refuse to believe it.