Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting Orientated

So...It has been like a week since I posted last. Sorry about the absence. I was pseudo-busy with stuff... Anyhoo, this last week I was at the local orientation which was full of adventures and experiences. Here we go! Buckle up!
 Seriously though, you buckled? Cause that right there in the hazy distance is the renowned Mt. Fuji. You can see the lake in front of it as well. This is taken from the Houtou restaurant that we went to (picture later in post).
This is a picture of me looking out over all that I will someday possess. All the way to the Elephant Graveyard.
 We visited a town at the base of Fuji that is known for its water that flows from Fuji, one of the 5 springs or something. I drank it, it was good, but I wouldn't write home about it. I would blog home though...
 Looking into the little lake of Fuji-spring water.
 All the people gathered to look at the water (which is crystal clear) and the Koi that swim around in it. 
 Here, some dragons spit the water out for you to drink.
 Hot mochi. It is like a bun thing...which has sweet red bean paste inside. It is the Japanese sweet of choice, especially during New Years...
 Here is the picture of the Houtou dish. It is traditionally a winter dish. It has squash, noodles, carrots, onions and a bunch of other Japanese vegetables.
 This is the picture of the hotel where we stayed. It was wild, the key was old fashioned and had a keychain attached to it that made it possible to turn on the lights. I can't explain it, but you had to put the keychain part of the key into the slot to operate the power in the room. 
 It was quite small
 That's pretty much it. The only hotel room I have been in that was smaller was in Paris.
The bathroom 

This was laid out for me on the bed. I guess it is Japanese pajamas or something, but it looked suspiciously like a hospital gown/button up moomoo. I didn't fall for it. Jeff 1 - Japan 0


3 comments:

Liz said...

That last paragraph seriously made me laugh out loud. You're not Japan's puppet Jeff. You're just not.

Jen said...

You are just too funny.

Mt. Fuji looks beautiful. The houtou looks good as well.

My word verification for this comment was "jethip." Seriously, that must mean you are one hip JET, right?

Anonymous said...

I think like most frequently photographed things around the world (big ben, Fuji, etc.) seeing something in real life alwasy is cooler. I loved looking at Fuji- it's just so symmetrical and volcano-y.