Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Adventures in Shopping

In Japan, there are many stores, in these stores, there is a lot of crap. Here is a collection of all that crap I have found in Japan. We went to some junk stores, and some other stores over the last week or so and I found some very wonderful, and very bizarre things. I shall narrate the way through this jungle of junk for you:

 So this is the view from inside the junk shop, it doesn't look too bad does it?
 Stacks of appliances in the same room

 This handsome couple guards the way to the appliance warehouse
 A whole shelf of wooden idol thingys
 This is a tiny porcelain toilet. I don't know why you would want to showcase this in your home, or why you would spend 6 dollars on it...
 I found this gem...the Worlds First Calculator! Amazing right? Here I am in Asia, and I find the worlds first calculator. You will notice that there is no price on it. After all, it would be priceless right?
 This place is a giant nerd store that the white folks call The Mummy's Ghost for obvious reasons. It is an absolutely wild collection of stores. It is like an indoor flea market for all things nerdy/Japanese.
 These are shelves full of little action figures from every anime ever created ever.
 More anime action figures, and if you look close, you can see my reflection.
 Another priceless gem that I feel could only be found in Japan, Destiny's Child's first CD. Incredible right?
 We have all heard of Japan and their wacky robots. Turns out Robocop guards this shop as well.
 Cannabis incense, for the classy, discerning individual
 Next was the House-Off store, which is like D.I. but nicer. This chest of drawers was about 60 bucks.
 This is the first picture of the fabled chairs that I keep talking about. Pooh may be what you focus on, but the true treasure was underneath.
 A trip to a Japan junk store wouldn't be complete without something that is largely inappropriate, so here is a mousepad with a built in cushion for your wrist. Convenient right? And icky.
The last picture here is of a full body bear suit that you can wear around and...do...beary...things...in. Weird right?

3 comments:

Liz said...

There's too much gold material in this to single out any one thing. But if I had to choose one catch phrase to say how I'm feeling right now, it would be, "Stay Classy, Japan!"

janemkinsel said...

You must return again and again...what interesting things.

How do you like your dual chair? Comfy?

BradKinsel said...

OMG you MUST buy that bear suit! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW!