Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Place Where I Live



I realize that you are all dying to see what kind of luxurious accommodations accompany my journey to Japan. Here it is: the real nitty gritty of where I live. I told you it looks like Jurassic Park, and I think you will see why. I tried to do a video and, after 3 hours, it didn't work. I have just a collection of pictures that should do the job well enough. 
 Like many wonderful things, we begin in the bathroom with the bathtub and shower. This is a cover on the ultra-deep but not-so-long bathtub
 The shower (not an oddly placed phone like I originally thought)
 Ah...the toilet. Heated for my comfort, a flick of the switch and I sit on a ring of fire...
 This is the front entryway where you leave your shoes and such
 The same, but the opposite angle. SUU flag on the wall, showing pride even in Asia
 This is the staircase leading up to the bedroom/tatami room
This couch that is face down has a story that will destroy your mind when you hear it. I have a full post for it. 
 This is actually where I am sitting right now...also in the living room
 Another angle of the super giant (though free) Japanese T.V. passed down from JET to JET for years
Bookcase and spare table 
Tiny kitchen with stovetop and sink 
 From top to bottom: Rice Cooker, Toaster Oven, Microwave, Tiny Refridgerator
 Food/dish shelf
Trash organizers. Burnable, Non-burnable and recyclable. 
 The stairs going upstairs, and a heated rug up against the wall
 The view from the landing into the courtyard of the preschool
The tatami room, complete with laundry! 
...a lot of laundry. 
 Window outside


 This is the view from outside my house looking at the parking lot
 The one of the left is mine
 Another view of the Preschool from the parking lot
Baseball diamond view from the parking lot. Once a week, firefighters practice here. It looks like the Japanese Sandlot...which would make me mean Mr. Myrtle.

4 comments:

janemkinsel said...

Looks quite "posh". I had imagined something entirely different. Thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

Is it weird that the pre-school is what reminded me of Jurassic park the most? Is that a sink on the back of your toilet? That's odd.
Also, you should have hired Carl to go out and be your homemaker while you were there. I just think it would have worked.

Kate said...

I still hate that I pay 2,000 times more in rent than you do and you have all that space. It looks like a pretty nice set up though, the perfect bachelor pad!

Jeff Kinsel said...

Liz - I don't like your insinuations about Carl and I. :) I would much rather have you making the food anyway, Carl doesn't cook.

Kate - It is a good bachelor pad, although it is essentially infested with little bugs at any given time...