Friday, November 4, 2011

Flakey Jakey Update

I have now realized that Muddy Buddies may be the single most difficult thing to get in Japan. It only has 6 ingredients: chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla, margarine, powdered sugar and Chex. Unfortunately, margarine is the only thing that is readily available in that set. 

As I mentioned in the last post, I was challenged to make Muddy Buddies yesterday as part of the Liz-inspired day. I realized too late that I didn't have powdered sugar. I found some, and I made a batch. Unfortunately, I didn't have measuring cups, a big enough bowl or the right ingredients...so I just eyeballed it. I found out something valuable. It is pretty hard to screw something up when 3 of the ingredients are sugary snacks. I now have a bag full of joy, and the ability to make more. Since they aren't really Muddy Buddies, I have decided to name these snacks Flakey Jakeys. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yay! You made it work! Flakey Jakeys....I like it.

Bek said...

I had them for the first time last year. We love those peanut butter corn flake ones. Or the oatmeal chocolate nobake ones-- they taste like brownies.