Friday, September 23, 2011

Cleanup Post...Apocalypse

Call me the king of broken promises, but I am now fulfilling some things that I said I wouldn't do. I had said that I would give some pictures and stuff. Here they are, and then some. 
 First up is this adorable little bag that I got at the Distribution Center under the Tokyo Temple. Who doesn't love puppies and engrish? 
 This is the holy love seat. Beautiful isn't it? I don't remember if I put up a picture of this yet. Even if I did, it deserves another post. This thing was 25 dollars. Genuine leather (or it would seem). It is starting to crack a little, which is unfortunate...but other than that little fact, this loveseat is probably my best friend here. 
 Bento Box that we got during sports day. I still have no idea what more than half of this stuff is. Some of it was good, the rest was digestible.
 Doth thine eyes deceive? Be that white people in the distance? Yea, it is. A week or so ago, I was out wandering around and happened on the golf course a few miles from my house. What I found was the Pata Gorufu Kosu, or Putter Golf Course. I happened upon a few people from North Carolina. They were very nice and we played 18 holes of the poorest cared for grass I have ever seen. No only does it contain 90% crab grass, it also has lots of patches of dirt that make it incredibly difficult. 
 I was actually pretty decent at it, and I ended up shooting par.
Mmmm....sweet sweet joy. You may think it stupid, but this here is phenomenal. 8 glorious pounds of peanut butter, and 2 pounds of extra sharp cheddar. Tastes like mana from heaven. American food from Costco.
 We went to a junk store closer to home. I found this charming little fellow peering at me as I rummaged through all the stuff this guy had to sell. 
 I seriously considered buying this little beauty. I figured that I would wear it all day everyday as a way to let the Japanese know that I value their culture...also, it would let them know that I am a formidable soldier who can cut them in half. 
A rodeo chair...which is weird...but I guess the Japanese love their rodeo. After all, it;s the bulls and blood, it;s the dust and mud...
I was going to get a whole post entitled, "The terrifying things I find." This is a teaser for you. Frightening right? I can't imagine why this is second-hand...

3 comments:

Liz said...

"I figured that I would wear it all day everyday as a way to let the Japanese know that I value their culture" I read that part to Jon because it made me laugh so hard.

janemkinsel said...

Per Micky Mouse...no copyright problem there! Take lots of these pictures . I laughed (harder than Liz) at these things.

Anonymous said...

Cool things! Reminds me of the stuffed up animal store.

Dad