Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just Say YES!!

I know what you are thinking...these pictures of Japan are wonderful, but when do we get to see pictures of you, (after all you are handsome and charming...). Well, though I am those things, flattery will get you nowhere with me. Lucky for you, I did manage to get a photographer to take some pictures at a party I was at on Monday. The paparazzi really are everywhere when I go outside. 
 My just-happy-to-be-here jovial face. Something was funny. Probably something I said.
This is some kind of food I didn't try... 
More food of the Japanese variety. 
 Sandwiches. I can't tell you what it is in the middle of them.
SUSHI! Wahoo! 
 Spring rolls. Delicious and nutritious.
 Delicious fishous. Like a chicken nugget, but fish.
Cool looking stuff...that also tasted tasty. 
This stuff was good. Some kind of purple rice with some other stuff in it... 
 Grapes. Most delicious
These rice balls had some local mushrooms that are seasonal inside them. 
I have no idea what this is. 
No one really looks good in this picture. 
Very nice folks. The Guy on the left, Masa, studied in New Zealand for college, and the lady on the right and I are going to do some duets. She likes Phantom of the Opera, and saw it twice in London.
 Group picture
 Obviously some sort of breadlike substance.
 The guy in the middle was described to me as "a mysterious person."
Yep... 
They are quite good at listening.
More shots of the sushi. What a country. 

As I failed to mention before, this was the first meeting of the Yatsugatake (big mountain we live on the slopes of) English Society, or YES. I am going to be helping them with their English and they will help me to not starve to death in this country. We had a good first meeting and we will have weekly meetings after this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. The food looks great. With these folks who speak English you need to find out what some of the mystery ingredients are. That is the first step to learning how to make you favorites yourself.

You are look great. A Japanese diet obviously agrees with you.

BTW, several of these Japanese men are quite tall, aren't they. Is that unusual?

Dad

Liz said...

I know exactly which voice you said, "Delicious fishous" in. "Mysterious person" more often than not means internet predator. You look like you've lost weight--have you?

janemkinsel said...

I loved that first picture smile. I needed to see that. Was all this food with the English/tutor group or just a compilation of pix. Brave soul!